The 2002 Mercedes-Benz E 320 service light or Flexible Service System (FSS) indicates when the vehicle is due for a Service A or Service B. The next service due date is displayed either in days or in miles, depending on your driving style.
The message is displayed for approximately 10 seconds when turning the electronic key in steering lock to position 2, or while driving when reaching the service warning threshold.
Follow these instructions to reset the 2002 Mercedes-Benz E 320 service light (FSS):
1. Turn the ignition to position 1 (one position before starting the engine).
2. To call up the trip odometer and main odometer, press either of the lower two buttons on the left-hand side of the steering wheel (system select – looks like file folder) until the display appears.
3. Press either of the top buttons on the steering wheel (arrows) until the FSS indicator appears.
4. Press the R button on the instrument cluster for 2-4 seconds.
5. The display reads, “DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? CONFIRM BY PRESSING R”
6. Press the R button on the instrument cluster again and hold until the signal sounds.
7. The message “SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET” appears in the multifunction display.
8. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.