The 2004 Mercedes ML 500 service indicator (Flexible Service System – FSS) comes on when the vehicle is due for a Service A (oil change) or Service B. To reset the service indicator, follow these instructions:
- Turn the ignition to position 1 (one position before starting the engine).
- Switch ignition on and immediately press knob to left of speedometer twice within 1 second.
- Present status for days or distance is now displayed. Within 10 seconds, turn key in steering wheel lock to position 0.
- Press and hold button to the left of speedometer, while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed again.
- Continue to hold button until you hear a signal. Release button.
- The service interval should now display the reset interval.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.