To reset the 1986 Pontiac Bonneville service reminder, please follow these instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Press and release the SERVICE REMINDER button until the desired item is displayed.
3. When the desired item is displayed, do not release SERVICE REMINDER button.
4. After button has been pressed for approximately 10 seconds, the service interval mileage display will begin to count down in 500 mile/km intervals.
5. When desired service interval mileage is reached, release button.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.