The 2012 Subaru Impreza maintenance light will need to reset after an oil change. This light comes on when the vehicle is due for an oil change based on milage or days to service. To reset the 2012 Subaru Impreza maintenance light (change engine oil soon) follow these instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Using the controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Pull the i/Set button towards you to bring up the selection screen.
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to highlight the MAINTENANCE menu and pull the i/Set switch towards you.
4. Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you.
5. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pull the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Reset only available on models with the multi-information display
The 2012 Subaru Impreza is a fairly straightforward vehicle to complete routine oil change maintenance. For easy reference, here are the FRAM filter numbers for the oil, air, and cabin filters.
|Filter Type||Part Number (2.0L)||Part Number (2.5L)|
This following chart shows the recommended for oil for this vehcile: