To reset the 2016 BMW X4 service required light after an oil change, please follow these instructions:
1. Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine)
2. Press and hold the Set/Reset button for 10 seconds until the service indicator light appears. Press the Set/Reset button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
3. If the service item is due, it will display ‘Reset executable’. Start the reset by pressing the Set/Reset button for 3 seconds.
4. The message ‘Execute reset?’ will appear. Confirm the reset by by pressing the Set/Reset button again for 3 seconds. A progress bar will be displayed showing ‘Reset running’.
5. The reset is confirmed by displaying ‘Reset successful’.
6. Turn the ignition off. Start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.