To reset the 2016 Toyota Highlander maintenance light after an oil change, please follow these instructions:
Vehicles without smart key system
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Ensure Trip Metre A reading is shown. Turn the ignition off. (Go to step 3)
Vehicles with smart key system
1. Press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch once (do not start engine).
2. Ensure Trip Metre A reading is shown. Turn the ignition off.
3. While pressing the Trip Meter reset button, press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch once (do not start engine).
Without multi-information display: Continue to press and hold the button until the trip meter displays “000000”.
4. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Vehicles with colour multi-information display
1. With the engine running, use the controls on the right side of the steering wheel to switch the display to SETTINGS.
2. Select MAINTENANCE SYSTEM from the SETTINGS menu.
3. Select YES to reset the system.
4. When the reset is complete “Initilization Completed” will be displayed.