The 2012 Subaru WRX maintenance light comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. After completing an oil change, follow these instructions to reset the maintenance light:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Using the controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Pull the i/Set button towards you to bring up the selection screen.
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to highlight the MAINTENANCE menu and pull the i/Set switch towards you.
4. Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you.
5. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pull the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Reset only available on models with the multi-information display
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Part # (2.5L)
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.