The 2014 Mazda3 maintenance light comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. This light will be displayed as a wrench and will display the message “Oil Change Due”. The oil change interval has to be turned on (if not already) via the menu used to reset the message. The mileage intervals can also be changed manually. After performing an oil change, follow these instructions to reset the maintenance light (oil change light):
1. Press and hold the TRIP button with the ignition switched off.
2. Continue to hold the TRIP button and switch the ignition on.
3. After 5 seconds the master warning light will flash for a few seconds to indicate the reset is complete.
4. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The wrench indicator light in the instrument cluster will be illuminated when the remaining oil life distance is less than 500 km (250 mile), or remaining days are less than 15 (whichever comes first).
Touch screen instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Select the (A) Applications icon.
3. Select Maintenance to display the maintenance list screen and select Oil Change.
4. Select Reset and follow the prompts.
5. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Part # (2.0L)
|Part # (2.5L)
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual. In the U.S. and Canada this vehicle recommends the use of Castrol SAE OW-20 motor oil.
When replacing the engine oil and filter the 2.0L engine requires 4.4 US qt. of oil. The 2.5L engine requires 4.8 US qt. of oil.
Cabin Filter Replacement
Follow these instructions to replace the air conditioning/cabin filter once a year: