The 2015 Mazda CX-5 maintenance light comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. This light can be programmed to come on at specified mileage intervals or it can be turned off all together. These options can be accessed via the menus used to reset the maintenance light.
In addition, after performing an oil change, follow these instructions to reset the maintenance light:
1. Turn the ignition to run (do not start the engine).
2. Press the UP or DOWN part of the INFO switch to highlight the SETTINGS menu and press the INFO button to confirm.
3. Scroll to MAINTENANCE and press the INFO button to confirm.
4. Scroll to the item that needs to be reset (SCHEDULED, TIRE ROTATION, TIRE PRESSURE) and confirm with the INFO button.
5. Scroll to SET TIME or SET DISTANCE and confirm with the INFO button.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (2.0L)||Part # (2.5L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual. In the U.S. and Canada this vehicle recommends the use of Castrol SAE OW-20 motor oil.
When replacing the engine oil and filter the 2.0L engine requires 4.4 US qt. of oil. The 2.5L engine requires 4.8 US qt. of oil.
Cabin Filter Replacement
Follow these instructions to replace the air conditioning/cabin filter once a year: