To reset the 2014 Subaru Forester change oil light, this can be done once the oil change service has been performed. This reminder light comes on when the vehicle is either 15 days or 311 miles (500km) out from the next service date. To reset the 2014 Subaru Forester change oil light, follow these instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting the engine).
2. Using the controls on the left-hand side of the steering wheel. Pull the i/Set button towards you to bring up the selection screen.
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to highlight the MAINTENANCE menu and pull the i/Set switch towards you.
4. Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you.
5. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pulling the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Reset only available on models with the multi-information display
Further to this information, here is an image showing visual cues of the step-by-step oil light reset information. The time to service and mileage to service can be set to the desired value. To perform the oil change on the 2014 Subaru Forester is fairly straightforward. For quick reference, here is a table showing the FRAM filters this vehicle will use and a lubricants guide showing oil type and quantity for turbo and non-turbo vehicles. Both engines recommend synthetic oil.
The following FRAM filters are used for this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part Number (2.0L)||Part Number (2.5L)|
For further specifications on oil, torques, and wheel information the owner’s manual is a valuable resource. You can find you owner’s manual on Subaru’s website.