The 2014 Toyota Sequoia maintenance required light comes on when the vehicle is due or coming due for an oil change service. To reset the maintenance required light, follow these instructions depending on the instrument cluster configuration:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting the engine).
2. Ensure Trip Metre A reading is shown. Turn the ignition off.
3. While holding down the trip meter reset knob turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Without multi-information display
4. Continue to press and hold the button until the trip meter displays “000000”.
With multi-information display
4. Continue to press and hold the button until “MAINT REQD RESET MODE COMPLETE” appears on the multi-information display.
5. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following FRAM filters are used on this vehicle:
|Part # (5.7L)
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.