The 2014 Volvo XC90 service required indicator (SRI) comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. This vehicle can be tricky when doing a manual reset and in some cases you may require an OBDII scan tool. After performing an oil change service, please follow these instructions to reset the 2014 Volvo XC90 service required indicator:
1. Turn the ignition to position I.
2. Press and hold in the RESET button for the trip odometer, turn ignition to position II within 2 seconds.
3. Press and hold the RESET button for the trip odometer for 10 seconds. The SRI light starts flashing.
4. Release the RESET button within 5 seconds of the SRI flashing.
5. Audible signal heard when resetting has been successful.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Part # (2.5L)
|Part # (3.2L)
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.