The 2015 Acura TLX engine oil life system comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. This system is also referred to as the Maintenance Minder system by Acura. After performing an oil change service, follow these instructions to reset the engine oil life system to 100%:
1. Set the power mode to ON (do not start the engine).
2. Use the scroll wheel marked (i) on the right side of the steering wheel and select MAINTENANCE INFO.
3. Select MAINTENANCE RESET.
4. Select RESET. The displayed maintenance items disappear, and the engine oil life display returns to 100%.
5. Turn the power mode off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (2.4L)||Part # (3.5L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.