The 2015 Toyota Prius maintenance required light comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. After performing an oil change, follow these instructions to reset the maintenance required light:
1. Press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch once (do not start engine) or turn ignition key to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Ensure Trip Metre A reading is shown. Turn the ignition off.
3. While holding the MPH or KM/H button turn the ignition on (do not start engine).
4. Continue to press and hold the button until the trip meter displays “000000” and the display indicates the reset is complete.
5. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
Copy and paste this link to view our blog post:
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (1.8L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.