After performing the oil change the “Change Engine Oil Soon” index can be reset by locating the Driver Information Centre (DIC) on the turn signal lever (refer to photo). Here you will find a scrolling thumbwheel and a SET/CLR button. Once located you can do the following to reset the light:
1) Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting the engine).
2) Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever to enter the Vehicle Information Menu. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the menu items until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE.
3) Press the SET/CLR button to reset the oil life to 100%.
4) Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the reset is complete. If the “Change Engine Oil Soon” message is still on; repeat steps 1-3.
Buick recommends the following fluids to be used:
1. Engine Oil – Dexos approved 5W30
2. Engine Coolant – DEX-COOL
3. Brake Fluid – DOT 3 Hydraulic Brake Fluid
4. Power Steering Fluid – DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid
5. Automatic Transmission – DEXRON VI Automatic Transmission Fluid