The 2020 Buick Envision is equipped with a computer system that determines when it’s time for an oil and filter change based on various factors, such as engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Depending on the driving conditions, the mileage at which the oil change is recommended may vary significantly. To ensure the oil life system functions correctly, it is essential to reset the system every time the oil is changed.
When the oil life system has calculated that the oil needs to be changed, a message reading “CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON” will appear. It is important to change the oil as soon as possible within the next 1,000 km (600 mi). However, in some cases, the oil life system may not indicate the need for an oil change for up to a year if driving conditions are optimal. It is still recommended that the engine oil and filter be changed at least once a year, and at this time, the system must be reset.
It is also crucial to check the oil level regularly during the oil drain interval and ensure that it remains at the appropriate level. If the oil life system is reset accidentally, the oil must be changed at 5,000 km (3,000 mi) from the last oil change. Always remember to reset the oil life system every time you change the oil.
2020 Buick Envision Change Oil Light Reset:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting the engine).
2. Using the directional arrows on the right side of the steering wheel, press the LEFT arrow to access the cluster applications.
3. Press the UP arrow to scroll to the Options application.
4. Press the CHECK MARK to select the Options app. Press the RIGHT arrow to enter the Options menu.
5. Scroll to Info Pages and press the RIGHT arrow.
6. Press the UP arrow to scroll to OIL LIFE.
7. Press the CHECK MARK button to reset to 100%.
8. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.