The newer ML models have an updated steering wheel with directional arrows on the left and hands free buttons on the right. To perform this reset you will need to use the steering wheel controls. Please follow these steps:
To perform this reset you will need to use the steering wheel controls. Please follow these steps:
1) Close the hood, trunk and all doors.
2) Turn the ignition on (do not start the engine).
3) Press the ← (system selection button) repeatedly until the “trip” is highlighted in the instrument cluster.
4) i) Press and hold the ✆ (accept/end call button) and
ii) Within 1 second press and hold the OK button
5) Select the “ASSYST PLUS” menu using the ↓ (scroll forward/back button) and select using the OK.
6) Press the ↓ repeatedly until “Full service” is highlighted and select using OK.
7) Press the ↓ repeatedly until “Confirm serv” is highlighted and select using OK.
8) Press the ↓ for the oil specification used “Oil qual. 229.3 or Oil qual. 229.5” and select using OK.
9) Press the ↓ to select “Yes” and select using OK.
10) Press the ↓ to select “Confirmation” and select using OK.
11) Press the OK button and press the ↩ (back button) until the instrument cluster shows the kilometer/mileage counter.
12) Turn the ignition off. Start the engine to verify the reset is complete.
The engine oil specifications for this model will vary depending on the engine. To make things easier, you can reference this chart and also visit the Mercedes specifications website to find out what specific oil will need to be used based on the Mercedes approval code (229.3, 229.5…).
At the time of this publication the majority of parts for the 2013 gasoline engines can only be ordered through the Mercedes parts department. However, here is a filter chart using Purolator oil filters that can be cross referenced.
ML 350 BlueTec
ML 350 (Gas)
ML 550 (Gas)
ML 63 AMG (Gas)