The 2015 Cadillac ATS oil life light comes on when the vehicle is due or past due for an oil change service. After performing an oil change, follow these instructions to reset the oil life to 100%:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. *Use the DIC controls on the right side of the steering wheel to display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
3. Press SEL on the DIC controls.
4. Hold SEL down for a few seconds to reset the oil life to 100%.
5. Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Remaining oil life can also be reset by depressing the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds instead of using the DIC.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following Purolator filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (2.0L)||Part # (2.5L)||Part # (3.6L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.