The 2013 Subaru Impreza maintenance light comes on when the vehicle is within the parameters for an oil change or if its past due. When this light comes on it will say “Change Engine Oil Soon” in the multi-function display. To reset the 2013 Subaru Impreza maintenance light, follow these instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Using the controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Pull the i/Set button towards you to bring up the selection screen.
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to highlight the MAINTENANCE menu and pull the i/Set switch towards you.
4. Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you.
5. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pull the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Reset only available on models with the multi-information display
The oil change service for this vehicle is fairly straight forward. The oil filter is located in the upper part of the engine bay and the drain plug is easily accessed. The owner’s manual details the location of these items and can be found on Subaru’s website. The following list details the filter requirements sourced from FRAM’s website.
|Filter Type||Part # (2.0L)||Part # (2.5L)|
The following excerpt is from the owner’s manual and shows the oil specification and quantity based on temperature:
Further to this chart, you can verify the recommended oil type and quantity via Castrol’s oil selector.