The 2014 Subaru Impreza change oil light comes on when the vehicle is within 15 days or less of service or 311 miles (500km). When the light comes one it will say ” Time to change engine oil” on the multi-information display.
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
2. Using the controsl on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Pull the i/Set button towards you to bring up the selection screen.
3. Use the Up or Down arrow to highlight the MAINTENANCE menu and pull the i/Set switch towards you.
4. Select the maintenance item (i.e. Engine Oil, Oil Filter) and pull the i/SET switch towards you.
5. Change the next service date and interval with the Up and Down arrow and confirm by highlighting SET and pull the i/SET switch towards you. The reset is complete when the screen shows Setting Complete.
6. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
*Reset only available on models with the multi-information display
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan easily accessible and the oil filter located in the upper part of the engine bay. The following FRAM filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (2.0L)||Part # (2.5L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.