The 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser is equipped with a maintenance required reminder light that comes on when the vehicle is coming due or is past due for an oil change. To reset the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser maintenance reminder light, follow these instructions:
1. Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting the engine).
2. Ensure odometer reading is shown. Turn ignition off.
3. While holding down the trip meter reset knob turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
4. Hold down knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates “000000” and the light goes off. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
5. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
The oil change on this vehicle is fairly straightforward with the oil pan and oil filter fairly accessible. The following FRAM filters are used on this vehicle:
|Filter Type||Part # (4.0L)|
The oil specs for this vehicle have been taken directly from the owner’s manual. More details around oil, torque, tires, and specifications can be referenced in the owner’s manual.